Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Opening Blog

Hi all! (Yes, both of you)
OK, I realize that may be a bit presumptuous, but "Hello Me" sounded rather pathetic. At any rate, Jen and I are just a pretty average couple, living in a pretty average town (that we absolutely love, by the way), serving a great God. We understand that this world sometimes leaves something to be desired, and want to remind ourselves (and both of you) that those who have received forgiveness of their sins through Jesus' work on the cross should be looking up, because we're moving on up! (My apologies for those who now can't get the Jefferson's theme music out of their heads)
I'm the pastor of a small, country church, the husband of a wonderful woman, and the father of 6 (presently) wonderful children that God has blessed us with. I suppose I am a lot of other, different things at different times, but everything I am always comes back down to the fact that I am a child of God and am seeking to please Him!
Well, I hope this isn't my first and only entry, but it is definitely the first.
"this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven." Acts 1:11b

No comments:

Post a Comment